Changes compared to 23.8.0
- Feature: Added a lobby option to the Comet Backup desktop app installers, allowing for silent installation with fully-remote device authentication via the Devices page in the Comet Server web interface.
- Feature: Updated the name of the Connected Devices page to Devices in the Comet Server web interface and redesigned the page to show all devices.
- Feature: Added bulk actions to the Devices page in the Comet Server web interface.
- Enhancement: Protected Item types that are not compatible with the device operating system will now be greyed out and disabled in the Comet Server web interface
- Enhancement: Added the ability to mark jobs that are stuck in the running state as abandoned if they are unable to be cancelled in the Comet Server web interface
- Enhancement: Changed clients on Linux platforms to log to stdin/stderr for background services
- Enhancement: Improved the performance of restoring data from backups which contain large amounts of blank data, such as Disk Images
- Fixed an issue with Files and Folders Protected Items being configurable through the Comet Server web interface while restricted by policy
- Fixed an issue with Linux client uninstall jobs remaining in a running state indefinitely, even when the client has finished uninstalling
- Fixed a cosmetic issue with selecting symlinks for backup in the Comet Backup desktop app on macOS and Linux
- Fixed a cosmetic issue with pixelated text in the Comet Backup desktop app on multi-screen setups
- Fixed a cosmetic issue with the ‘Configure’ text being in the wrong location in the Comet Backup desktop app
- Fixed an issue with browsing and restoring one or more files from HyperV backup
- Fixed an issue with the Open Folder button displaying in the Comet Backup desktop app when restoring from an Office 365 backup to a custom cloud location
- Fixed a cosmetic issue with very long usernames and account names in the Comet Server web interface
- Fixed a cosmetic issue during restores in the Comet Server web interface when the ‘Allow administrator to view file names remotely’ user setting is disabled
- User and account names can no longer be created with more than 255 characters
About Version 2
Version 2 is one of the most dynamic IT companies in Asia. The company develops and distributes IT products for Internet and IP-based networks, including communication systems, Internet software, security, network, and media products. Through an extensive network of channels, point of sales, resellers, and partnership companies, Version 2 offers quality products and services which are highly acclaimed in the market. Its customers cover a wide spectrum which include Global 1000 enterprises, regional listed companies, public utilities, Government, a vast number of successful SMEs, and consumers in various Asian cities.
We are a team of dedicated professionals committed to developing reliable and secure backup solutions for MSP’s, Businesses and IT professionals. With over 10 years of experience in the industry, we understand the importance of having a reliable backup solution in place to protect your valuable data. That’s why we’ve developed a comprehensive suite of backup solutions that are easy to use, scalable and highly secure.