As a school or library administrator, you have a responsibility to protect your students or patrons from harmful online content. The Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) requires that you have internet safety policies and filtering measures in place to comply with federal law. However, with so many web filtering providers to choose from, how do you know which one is the right fit for your organization? In this guide, we’ll provide an overview of what to look for when selecting a web filtering provider and explain why SafeDNS is a top choice for schools and libraries seeking CIPA compliance.
Key Considerations When Choosing a Web Filtering Provider
- Comprehensive Filtering Capabilities: The web filtering provider you choose should be able to block access to inappropriate content, including malware, phishing sites, and pornography. Look for a provider that offers a wide range of filtering options and the ability to customize filtering settings to your organization’s unique needs.
- Reporting and Analytics: It’s important to have visibility into your organization’s web activity to ensure compliance with CIPA requirements and identify potential issues. Look for a provider that offers detailed reporting and analytics features.
- Ease of Use: Your web filtering provider should be easy to install, configure, and use. Look for a provider with an intuitive interface and minimal technical requirements.
- CIPA Compliance: Your web filtering provider should be fully compliant with CIPA requirements and able to provide the necessary documentation to demonstrate compliance.
Why SafeDNS is a Top Choice for CIPA Compliance
Here’s why SafeDNS is a top choice for schools and libraries seeking CIPA compliance:
- Comprehensive Filtering Capabilities: SafeDNS can block access to over 60 categories of inappropriate content, including malware, phishing sites, and pornography. Their customizable filtering engine allows you to tailor filtering settings to your organization’s specific requirements.
- Reporting and Analytics: SafeDNS offers detailed reporting and analytics features that allow you to monitor and track web activity for compliance purposes and to identify potential issues.
- Ease of Use: SafeDNS is easy to install, configure, and use, even for non-technical users.
- CIPA Compliance: SafeDNS is fully compliant with CIPA requirements and can provide the necessary documentation to demonstrate compliance.
In conclusion, choosing the right web filtering provider is crucial for schools and libraries to comply with CIPA regulations and receive E-Rate funding. SafeDNS is the best option for schools and libraries looking for a comprehensive, easy-to-use, and cost-effective web filtering solution. To learn more about SafeDNS and how to become CIPA compliant, check out our step-by-step guide and checklist, which provide valuable resources for schools and libraries to ensure they are fully compliant and providing a safe and secure learning environment for their students.
About Version 2
Version 2 is one of the most dynamic IT companies in Asia. The company develops and distributes IT products for Internet and IP-based networks, including communication systems, Internet software, security, network, and media products. Through an extensive network of channels, point of sales, resellers, and partnership companies, Version 2 offers quality products and services which are highly acclaimed in the market. Its customers cover a wide spectrum which include Global 1000 enterprises, regional listed companies, public utilities, Government, a vast number of successful SMEs, and consumers in various Asian cities.
SafeDNS breathes to make the internet safer for people all over the world with solutions ranging from AI & ML-powered web filtering, cybersecurity to threat intelligence. Moreover, we strive to create the next generation of safer and more affordable web filtering products. Endlessly working to improve our users’ online protection, SafeDNS has also launched an innovative system powered by continuous machine learning and user behavior analytics to detect botnets and malicious websites.