As you might have already noticed, our dashboard has a “new” flag – it means AppBlocker is now added to the SafeDNS infrastructure.
AppBlocker is a feature that blocks access to various groups of apps. It helps users keep the business infrastructure safe with a more granular filtering & easily block all domains related to certain applications, such as file sharing, system monitoring, VPNs etc. Basically, any apps that might bring any cybersecurity risks upon your business or data theft to your system.
The apps form groups for blockage:
- ecosystems (Apple, Google, WeChat and more),
- file sharing services (Dropbox, uTorrent, 4shared and more)
- messaging apps (Slack, Snapchat, Viber and more),
- portals (Baidu, Yahoo etc),
- technology services (GitLab, GitHub),
- VoIP (RingCentral, Zoom, LogmeIn and more),
- VPN services (NordVPN, CyberGhost VPN and more),
- cybersecurity services (Shodan, Zscaler),
- financial services (Ethermine, Flypool and more),
- mail services (ProtonMail, Thunderbird, Hushmail and more),
- remote desktop services (RemotePC, AnyDesk, TeamViewer).
To see the full list of apps to block, check out the Categories tab in the dashboard, and then choose AppBlocker.
The user is free to choose any app or app group to block, as the list is fully customizable.
Try it out and see for yourself!
About Version 2
Version 2 is one of the most dynamic IT companies in Asia. The company develops and distributes IT products for Internet and IP-based networks, including communication systems, Internet software, security, network, and media products. Through an extensive network of channels, point of sales, resellers, and partnership companies, Version 2 offers quality products and services which are highly acclaimed in the market. Its customers cover a wide spectrum which include Global 1000 enterprises, regional listed companies, public utilities, Government, a vast number of successful SMEs, and consumers in various Asian cities.
SafeDNS breathes to make the internet safer for people all over the world with solutions ranging from AI & ML-powered web filtering, cybersecurity to threat intelligence. Moreover, we strive to create the next generation of safer and more affordable web filtering products. Endlessly working to improve our users’ online protection, SafeDNS has also launched an innovative system powered by continuous machine learning and user behavior analytics to detect botnets and malicious websites.