An Enterprise Management Solution for System Administrators to Easily Manage NetJapan’s Flagship Backup and Recovery Product, ActiveImage Protector.
Tokyo – NetJapan, Inc., publisher of backup, recovery, and virtualization software solutions, announces the release of ActiveVisor, an enterprise management solution for system administrators to manage ActiveImage Protector backup agents.
ActiveVisor monitors and manages the state of ActiveImage Protector agents in order for system administrators to maintain system continuity. By collecting information from distributed agents over the network, ActiveVisor provides a visual representation of overall system protection, sends email notifications of client backup status, monitors storage space availability of devices, and administer deployment of agents, schedules, and tasks. System administrators save time, and reduce costs by managing ActiveImage Protector agent settings providing peace of mind that continuous and reliable backups are performed.
- Graphical Dashboard: The dashboard window provides a graphical representation of computers on the network, OS types, ActiveImage protected client machines, and visually draws attention to the status of task execution.
- Add Managed Clients: You can select specific clients, and add them as managed clients so you can monitor and manage agent tasks.
- Managed Client Grouping: Clients can be grouped for management purposes. Groups can be rearranged, if necessary, based on changes to a systems configuration.
- Detailed and Flexible Scheduling: Schedules may be configured based on individual client requirements, or apply a predefined scheduled template to deploy a pattern-based backup schedule to batches of clients.
- Monitor Agent Status and View Logs: ActiveVisor monitors task status, task execution, and agent status. ActiveVisor can display task execution logs for managed clients, and provides pre-emptive information such as insufficient space for efficient storage management.
- Visual Alert: In the event of a system failure, ActiveVisor provides table views illustrating where the failure occurred, so the affected system can be recovered quickly.
- Push Install: The Push Installer finds unprotected machines in the domain or workgroup and remotely pushes ActiveImage Protector to the client machine.
- License Manager: License Manager provides centralized management of ActiveImage Protected clients, displays product key information, list licensed client machines and re-assigns licenses as needed.
ActiveVisor is provided at no additional charge to ActiveImage Protector users who have valid annual maintenance contracts.
More information on the ActiveVisor page.
About Version 2
Version 2 is one of the most dynamic IT companies in Asia. The company develops and distributes IT products for Internet and IP-based networks, including communication systems, Internet software, security, network, and media products. Through an extensive network of channels, point of sales, resellers, and partnership companies, Version 2 offers quality products and services which are highly acclaimed in the market. Its customers cover a wide spectrum which include Global 1000 enterprises, regional listed companies, public utilities, Government, a vast number of successful SMEs, and consumers in various Asian cities.
Actiphy founded in 2007, focuses on developing and offering innovative backup and disaster recovery solutions for complete protection of all your systems and data. ActiveImage Protector backs up Windows, Linux machines on physical and virtual environments and restore systems and data fast for you to be up and running with minimal downtime and data loss. Today Actiphy hold 20% of the image backup market in Japan and are expanding our services in the Asia/Pacific and North American regions, as well as in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.